Bedtime Story 1/23/2021

Tell me a story
To put me to sleep

Needing your song
Before I dream deep
Safely, your adventures I'll keep

And again, tomorrow before I fade,
caring how all your memories were made, 
Your music and words grow amber in light
Hearing you always, always at night.

It’s the last sound I hear
The last sound of you

Before the nights cover.

Sing me a tune
Of a moment that’s true

…Or a line and a verse.

Tell me a story
To put me to sleep.




Just missing someone from a long time ago and bedtime stories usually turned to how things were made, the inside of a harmonica and everything else, cylinders, cars, bicycles, gears, taking a curve on a motorcycle, tides near jettys, music theory,  Jerzy KosiƄski, layers of playwriting,  etc... I held on as long as I could, before sleep took over.

A Music Story to start off the night: 
"All Right Now" used first inversions and a moving bass footing that's really subtle. Paul Koss was the guitar player's blue eyed soul. More emotionally gripping than Clapton, imho. ~BH



Comments

Popular Posts